Why should we drink more water?
The human body is composed of roughly 70-80% water and even more in the brain at approximately 85-90%. It is evidently noted that lowered water consumption may lead to a decrease in mental and physical function with possible headache symptoms such as dizziness or fatigue. When water intake is decreased, your muscles do tend to be more rigid and they are easily damaged and aggravated leading to aches and pains.
The most common misconception is that consuming fluids like coffee, tea or even soda will help with your body’s water level but it actually leads to further dehydration and our chiropractors recommend that you replace the intake of these types of fluids with even more water.
How is water good for your body?
– Removes waste and toxins from your body more quickly following an adjustment
– Reduces the severity and length of time for any side effects (including headaches, nausea, migraines ect) from the adjustment
– Speeds up metabolism and boosts energy
– Maintains proper organ functions
– Aids in weight loss
– Suppresses cravings and over active appetite
– Improves blood circulation and overall health
– Gives you healthier looking skin
How much water should you drink each day?
Recommended water intake by World Health Organization (WHO) for adults is approximately 1.5-2.5 litres.
There are no set rules for each individual, however, ChiroCure Clinic practitioners recommend that you try to consume at least an average of 8 glasses of water a day, and at least 1.5L/day when experiencing pain or in the presence of inflammation.
Ways to drink water for your health
Drink water during meals can interfere with digestion, so it’s best to drink after meals. It is best to drink cool water as it is absorbed more quickly into the body. Ask your chiropractors and remedial massage therapists about more helpful tips on your next visit to ChiroCure Chiropractic Clinic StKilda East.